It’s fair to say that 2016 has been an interesting year. Not only for the huge historical decisions that have been made but also for all the celebrities who have died this year. I also lost my grandma over Easter, which I would never have predicted this time last year.
But we have had some good days this year. Below are mine and Sophie’s top five. When I put my list together I realised that not many of mine were in East Sussex, so I’ve also done a list of my favourite East Sussex days.
5. An afternoon with my brothers in law at the rugby;
4. A trip round Canterbury cathedral;
3. Going to Hastings Pier for the first time since it reopened;
2. An unexpected beach day in St Ives when we were on holiday;
1. Seeing the Kaiser Chiefs live at Bedgebury Pinetum.
5. Seeing Peppa Pig at Drusillas;
4. Going to Norwich;
3. Day trip to London (mostly for the McFlurry in the car on the way home!);
2. Seeing Finding Dory at the cinema;
1. Going to see Peter Pan at the theatre in Hastings.
My favourite East Sussex days:
5. Drusillas with the girls to see Peppa Pig;
4. Day out at Treasure Island with friends over the summer holidays;
3. Summer evening trip to Bexhill for a picnic;
2. Sheffield Park Gardens in October for the spectacular colours (you can read my review of that here);
1. Any trip to Hastings Pier – I love it!